When you think of avocados, you’re thinking of the delicious green fruit/pulp filling, right?
Eating the pit probably has never even crossed your mind. But!
Before you throw away the avocado pit, why not make a healthy, amazing smoothie?
It’s a great and creative way to switch up your average day to day smoothies.
avocado pit benefits
Surprisingly, the avocado pit has numerous benefits.
The avocado pit holds 70% of antioxidants and oils including calcium, soluble fiber, magnesium, potassium. All of which are nutritious for your hair, skin care, and wellness routine.
avocado smoothie ingredients
• ¼ grated ginger
• 1 hand-full of spinach
• 1 carrot
• ½ apple
• ½ avocado (of course we couldn’t miss this one!)
• 2-3 ice cubes
• Water, coconut water, or milk of choice
• Honey or agave for sweetness
preparing your avocado pit smoothie
1. start with the pit
First, grate the avocado seed in the food processor. You may want to use a cheese grater first to get big chunks. Then, throw the bigger chunks into the food processor until they’re finely grated.
For 2 people, use half the pit. For 4 people, add a whole pit.
2. build your fruit base
Our favorite avocado smoothies have a hint of ginger in it. Our recipe calls for about 1/4 of the ginger root, but you could do less if you’re not digging the taste.
Next, prep the rest of your fruit base.
- Add 1 carrot, or at least a handful of baby carrots
- Add 1/2 of an apple. Fuji apples are great for green smoothies, but Gala apples will do, too!
- Add 1/2 of the avocado pulp
3. get to blending!
Now that all the prep work is out of the way, let’s get to blending!
Get your blender or smoothie maker of choice out and add the liquids.
- Add water, coconut water, or milk of choice. For a more creamy smoothie texture, add less liquid
- Add 2-3 ice cubes
- Add honey or agave for a touch of sweetness
Next add all of the fruits and veggies.
- Add a handful of spinach
- Add all the fruit you prepped
And finally, add your grated pit!
Finally, blend everything together. For the best taste and results, make sure you blend really well. Taste as you go along until it’s the perfect avocado smoothie.